Artificial’s aLab Suite leverages Digital Twins that are connected to Cellario in order to assist operators in running and managing complex systems, letting them focus on science and not complex systems.
Laboratory instruments, processes and automation are inherently complex. The researcher’s experience with these activities does not need to be. Artificial’s aLAB Suite leverages a Digital Twin that provides an accurate and real-time 3D model of the lab and its assets to ensure the setup and execution of automated systems is error free and does not require extensive training.
Implement fully integrated robotics as fast as possible to run more experiments reliably, while also making their systems accessible to all of their scientists.
Artificial takes full advantage of almost all of Cellario’s APIs and will greatly benefit from a lot of the functionality introduced in Cellario 3.5. Here is a brief list of the API interactions that this solution uses and for what purpose:
- Query Inventory API and Instrument State API to mirror real-time status in aLab Suites Digital Twin
- Creates Orders with Plate Locations [and soon Protocol Parameters] using the Ordering API
- Starts the Order using the System Control API
- Subscribe to the Event Stream for state changes to reflect state in aLab Suite’s Digital Twin
- Mark the order as completed in Cellario using Ordering API
- Query Protocols and Parameters to have systems describe their capabilities using Protocols API
- Determine Order Input and Output locations to guide user setup of the system using Ordering API
- Individual device commands for things like load/unload using the Device API
Detailed use case
How a Lab Suite helped Beam Therapeutics open up automation to all scientists